Kitchen Assistant - Competitive pay rate of £9.75 per hour
We have an exciting opportunity for a Kitchen Assistant to join the team at Fern Brook Lodge, our newly refurbished residential care home, which is a hub for the community in Gillingham and the surrounding villages of North Dorset.
As a not-for-profit charity within social care, we focus on the reward and recognition of all our people.
A £500 Welcome Bonus upon joining (T&Cs apply)
Enhanced Bank Holiday pay rates
Free DBS check and Uniform
£500 ‘Refer a Friend’ bonus scheme
Key duties for Kitchen Assistant's include:
- Assisting the Chef and Assistant Chef with some basic duties in the home's kitchen area
- Helping to provide our residents with an enjoyable dining experience each day.
- Supporting with the basic preparation and serving of resident’s meals
- Keeping the kitchen and dining room areas clean and tidy
- Washing all cooking appliances and dishes
- Sanitising all food preparation areas at the home
Our focus is our residents, clients and our people.
- Prior experience of working in a similar role in a care home kitchen, or other comparable environment is desirable but not essential
- Ability to work in a busy and demanding environment
- Desire to ensure an outstanding dining experience for our residents
PEOPLE | PASSION | PURPOSE
As a not-for-profit charity, our HEART values are key to us providing outstanding care. For more information about us, our values and benefits, please visit our website: http://www.care-south.co.uk/about-us.
For any questions regarding Kitchen Assistants please contact the recruitment team on 01202 712 448.
YOU MUST BE 18 YEARS OR ABOVE TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION.